|Institution and Degree||Honors|
Winter 2009 - Summer 2010
Non-degree science classes (not part of the formal post-bac program)
The Ohio State University
Fall 2007 - Summer 2008
Non-degree science classes
Graduated 25 May 2007
B.A. in German Studies
Columbus School for Girls
Drupal Developer, Palantir.net
Duties include: Drupal module and theme work, site building and maintenance, front- and back-end development.
Drupal Developer, Socha Dev
August 2012-October 2012
Duties include: Drupal module and theme development.
Web Developer, Buckeye Interactive
April 2012-August 2012
Duties include: Drupal and Wordpress development, setup, configuration, performance optimization, and visual theming, planning and leading Acquia™ Drupal training workshops, SEO and keyword research, and client interaction.
Health and Beauty Purchaser, Clintonville Community Market
August 2010 - April 2012
Duties included: Responsibility for maintaining relationships with vendors and distributors, for researching products and deciding which to carry, and for organizing merchandising displays. I was also member of the Team Development Group, tasked with proposing a decision-making method and a management structure for the market after the removal of the General Manager, as well as a member of the HR team, where I participated in development of an anti-harrassment policy and performed scheduling duties as needed. I was also a member of the Marketing/Events Team, leading our electronic marketing and branding campaign, until the establishment of a Technology Team, of which I was chair. Like all market employees, I was also responsible for customer service and education.
Peer Tutor, Ohio University Academic Advancement Center
October 2009-July 2010
Subjects tutored: Introductory physics, introductory biology, genetics, German language, organic chemistry, and introductory psychology
Designer, Kosada, Inc.
August 2006 - August 2010
Duties included: Webdesign and Drupal development; copywriting; social media strategy and maintenance; hardware setup and management; system maintenance; customer service; graphic and advertising design; marketing strategy; marketing automation; project managment.
Repairperson, Oberlin College Center for Information Technology
October 2006 - December 2006
Duties included: Troubleshooting and repair of student, faculty, staff, and lab computer hardware issues, including laptops, desktops, and printers.
Data Management/Research Assistant, Columbus Nationwide Children's Hospital
May 2003 - August 2006
Duties included: Data collection through chart review, patient questionnaires, and focus groups; patient correspondence for focus groups, redesign and maintenance of several Microsoft Access databases; design and content of several patient education pamphlets; use of readability formulas to evaluate hospital literature given to patients; design and management of a website for a nonprofit affiliated with the hospital.
Student Assistant, Columbus School for Girls IT Dept.
Duties included: Setting up, inventorying, and delivering new computers to faculty and staff offices; installing special software needed by individual departments; troubleshooting software and hardware issues and offering user support; installation of network ports in classrooms; printer maintenance.
In addition to the above listed regular jobs, I've also done temporary and fill-in work in such varying fields as modeling for an art class, substitute teaching for a German-language class for small children, freelance translation, and food service.
Official positions and Certifications
- Vice President of the Board of Trustees of the Clintonville Community Market (appointed as ex-officio Trustee in June 2011, elected as full member and appointed Vice Presidet in November 2011)
- Certified PIC by Ohio Health Department in Level 1 Food Safety (2011)
- Kitchen Coordinator of Fairchild Dining Cooperative (Part of the Oberlin Student Cooperative Association, Oberlin Ohio, 2004-05 academic year) - I managed the food safety compliance and custodial care of a 60-person full-time vegetarian dining cooperative. Responsibilities included scheduling of custodial shifts, inspection of food storage areas and temperature logs, and monitoring member compliance with health code at all times, as well as educating members about food safety and cleanliness.
- Unpublished abstract: Prescribing in children and adolescents; teratogenic potential of medication therapy, concern of the pediatrician (pdf, 9.17 KB), presented as a poster at Ohio State University's department of pharmacy research day 2006.
- Research assistant in the biochemistry lab of Tomohiko Sugiyama June 2009 - July 2010. Work included E. Coli cloning of the Mec1, Rev7, and Rev3 genes. Goal of research was to work with one other graduate research assistant to produce the gene products of all three subunits of DNA polymerase η. I worked to clone and purify the Rev7 and Rev3 subunits, while he worked on Rev 1. We then planned to combine them on a single plasmid and use S. Cerevisiae to express all three subunits and then study the behavior of these subunits to learn more about the function of Pol η.
|Human Languages||Computer Languages|
|International Travels (outside USA)|
- This blog post on the "meritocracy" of open-source vs. proprietary vendors that I wrote for Buckeye Interactive. (Original title was "Proprietary Software: Rent's Too Damn High" but they changed it.)